Understand Christian Beliefs
- Christmas: Celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ because He is the Son of God.
- Good Friday: Jesus Christ died on the cross for man’s sins so that man’s sins can be forgiven.
- Easter: Jesus Christ was resurrected on the third day and therefore defeated the sting of death. Anyone who puts his/her faith in Him will have eternal life.
How does one receive eternal life?
- Confess: We must confess that we are sinners and there is nothing that we can do to change it on our own.
Romans 3:23 (ESV)
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
- Trust: We must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for our sins and was raised on the third day.
John 3:16 (ESV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
- Receive: We must receive Jesus Christ as both Lord and Savior and to surrender to His leading in our lives.
John 1:12 (ESV)
12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
Pray to receive Jesus Christ (A B C)
- Acknowledge that I am a sinner
“Dear Jesus, I’m sorry that I have committed many sins (jealousy, anger, deceit, etc.) against you and I want to repent from all my sins.”
- Believe that Jesus died for my sins
“Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. Because of your death, my sins can be forgiven and I have an opportunity now to receive eternal life.”
- Confess that Jesus is Savior and Lord
“I want to receive you as my Savior and my Lord. I am willing to surrender my life to you so that you can take complete control of me. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen!”