- Read the verse or passage out loud
- Rewrite the verse with your name, in place of the pronouns or nouns used in Scripture. It is as though God were saying it directly to you.
- Write down your thoughts as you read the verse back to yourself.
“For God so loved Peter that he gave his one and only Son, that if Peter believes in him, Peter shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
- Put the passage you are studying into first person singular from you, turn it into a prayer, and pray it back to God.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways, acknowledge him and he will make your path straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
“Help me, Lord, to trust you will all of my heart and to stop leaning on my own understanding. Please give me the faith to acknowledge you in all my ways so that you can direct my paths.
- How does this verse apply to you and what will you do about it?
Monday (Day 29) – Philippians 1:6
Tuesday (Day 30) – Philippians 1:27a
Wednesday (Day 31) – Philippians 2:13
Thursday (Day 32) – Philippians 3:12b
Friday (Day 33) – Philippians 4:6-7
Saturday (Day 34) – Philippians 4:13
Sunday (Day 35) – Philippians 4:19